- May, 207: What a Rat Knows: Rat Cognition ad its Implications for Environmental Enrcihment. QUAD AALAS
- July 28, 2014: Environmental Enrichment for Companion animals--from lab to lap. AVMA Annual Convention.
- May 16, 2013: Reporting of Suspected Animal Abuse by Veterinarians . The Chicago Bar Association
- May 21-22, 2013: Companion Animal Welfare
Of Pugs, Pigs, and Pandas: Animal Welfare at Home, Farm, Lab, and Zoo
June 5-6, 2013 Beyond the Human-Animal Bond
Zoo Animal Welfare: Innovations & Future Directions
- October 28, 2013: Animal Welfare within the AVMA. 64th AALAS National Meeting.
- October 30, 2013: 2013 AVMA Guidelines for the Euthanasia of Animals. 64th AALAS National Meeting.
- March 18, 2013:
Update on the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) Panel on Euthanasia.
2013 Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) Conference
- September 4 2012, at Veterinary Assistant - Continuing Educations, Harper College. On the topic of The Human-Animal Bond.
- August 4, 2012, at 2012 AVMA Annual Convention. On the topic of: Institutionalization Of Neglect And Abuse how Does It Happen?
- March 20, 2012, at PRIMR 2012 IACUC Conference. On the topic of: Update on the AVMA Panel on Euthanasia.
- February 12, 2012, at Bioconference Live. On the topic of: Beyond environmental enrichment--providing good environments for experimental animals. [Full details here].
- August 22, 2011, at the the 8th World Congress on Alternatives and Animal Use in the Life Sciences. On the topic of: Sensitivity of animals and application of the Three Rs (presented by Marylin Brown).
- July 31 - August 4, 2011, at the annual meeting of the International Society for Applied Ethology. On the topic of: Animal Abuse and Cruelty: An Evolutionary Perspective.
- April 14, 2011: the Third Annual MSMR Enrichment Symposium "ALL CREATURES BIG AND SMALL ...Animal Enrichment in a Laboratory Environment"--Horizons of Enrichment: the History, Accomplishments and Aspirations of Environmental Enrichment.
- January 20th, 2011: Animal Law Committee of the Chicago Bar Association--Animal Abuse, Mandatory Reporting and the Veterinarian.
- October 16th, 2010: KVMA Fall Conference--Animal Welfare, Animal Rights, and the Role of the Veterinary Profession.