My reaction to this product is as follows:
- It does not provide adequate housing in size or design.
- It is described in an inaccurate and misleading way.
This product, as sold and use as the manufacturer recommends is cruel. They suggest:
- A four inch cube is an "eco-system"
- The tank is "self-cleaning"
- You only need to change the water twice a year
- you only need to feed a few pellets each week,
In my opinion, the truth is:
- Dwarf African frogs require a minimum of 1 gallon (6 cubic inches) per frog--preferably two gallons or more.
- Water should be changed at least once a month or as required.
- In most areas they will require an aquarium with a water heater to maintain a water temperature of 70-80 degrees.
- They require a hiding place to feel secure.
- They require feeding and as a result require cleaning--thus this is not a self-contained ecosystem and not self-cleaning.
- Feeding should be as much as the frog will immediately eat every day or every other day.
If well cared-for your frogs should live for five years or longer and you should hear them 'singing' in the evenings. Instead of spending $30 on this inadequate habitat I would suggest people who wish to keep frogs to go to a local pet store and get two frogs ($5)and a five to ten gallon aquarium ($10) for half the price.